I am Etienne “tek” Maynier, an activist, security analyst and researcher.
I am also an active member of Echap where I develop resources and trainings for women shelters, and developer of several tools. I was a Mozilla Open Web Fellow in 2016 - 2017, and a research fellow at the Citizen Lab until April 2021.
I enjoy listening and playing music, learning about popular education and political history and theory.
- Smartphone et forensique : comment attraper Pégasus for fun and non-profit, talk at SSTIC, June 2022 (in French)
- Devices of Palestinian Human Rights Defenders Hacked with NSO Group’s Pegasus Spyware, peer-review of Front Line Defenders research, November 2021
- Participation in the Pegasus project as researcher and spokesperson, July 2021
- Analyser une attaque utilisant l’outil d’intrusion commercial Cobalt Strike, MISC, July 2021
- Click and Bait: Vietnamese Human Rights Defenders Targeted with Spyware Attacks, Amnesty International, February 2021
- German-made FinSpy spyware found in Egypt, and Mac and Linux versions revealed, Amnesty International, September 2020
- India: Human Rights Defenders Targeted by a Coordinated Spyware Operation, Amnesty International and the Citizen Lab, June 2020
- Bahrain, Kuwait and Norway contact tracing apps among most dangerous for privacy, Amnesty International, May 2020
- Qatar: Contact tracing app security flaw exposed sensitive personal details of more than one million, Amnesty International, May 2020
- Targeted Surveillance Attacks in Uzbekistan: An Old Threat with New Techniques, Amnesty International, March 2020
- Missing Link: Tibetan Groups Targeted with 1-Click Mobile Exploits, the Citizen Lab, September 2019
- Burned After Reading: Endless Mayfly’s Ephemeral Disinformation Campaign, the Citizen Lab, May 2019
- Deflect Labs Report #6: Phishing and Web Attacks Targeting Uzbek Human Rights Activists and Independent Media, eQualitie, May 2019
- Deflect Labs Report #4: Anatomy of a Booter, eQualitie, January 2019
- Familiar Feeling: A Malware Campaign Targeting the Tibetan Diaspora Resurfaces, the Citizen Lab, August 2018
- Spying on a Budget: Inside a Phishing Operation with Targets in the Tibetan Community, the Citizen Lab, January 2018
- Nile Phish: Large-Scale Phishing Campaign Targeting Egyptian Civil Society, the Citizen Lab, February 2017
- It’s Parliamentary: KeyBoy and the targeting of the Tibetan Community, the Citizen Lab, November 2016
- May 2020 : Defending Human Rights in the Age of Targeted Attacks at NorthSec
- November 2019 : Hacker == Résister ? at le Capitole du Libre (in French)
- I gave a short talk on my work with the Citizen Lab at Thcon in 2019 (in French)
This website is made using Hugo and a fork of the Codex theme. The portrait drawing was made by _lila*. Many illustrations in this website come from Matt Dixon Transmissions work with his kind authorization.
The content of this website is published under CC-BY-SA license